Full-Time FOH Manager
Grand Lake Kitchen is a lively restaurant on Lake Merritt. We are known for our brunch and outdoor seating, but are very busy at night now as well! We are almost 6 years old and still growing rapidly. Our amazing staff needs a leader to join our team of outstanding managers. The work is challenging and rewarding!
- Floor management or shift lead experience. Don't be shy - if the spirit is right and the experience is just shy, we will train you!
- If you have management experience, that's awesome - are you flexible with your knowledge? Always willing to learn more?
- At least 2 years of serving and/or restaurant bartending experience. You have to know what you teach!
- You are a problem solver. It is not hard to find things that are wrong, you have to have the intuition and desire to help fix!
- Confidence - this is hard work! You must believe in yourself and your ability to help others.
- Happiness - you are happiest from what you do best. It's true! Does working in restaurant make you happy? It makes us happy!
- Your number one job is to give great service!
- Nurture and lead our staff of employees
- Good communication is key! You report directly to the GM and must work well in a team of managers. Must know actively use emails and google calendar
- Ordering product
- Shifts are around 10 hours each, 5 days/week
- Experience ordering - dry goods, NA beverages, etc.
- You want to own your own bar or restaurant one day
- Sommelier certification
- Maitre' D or hosting experience at a well-run place (it makes a difference!)
- We offer competitive pay
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Shift meals and discounts on food/alcohol outside of shifts
- and being a part of a loving family!
If you are interested and fulfill the above requirements, we would love to meet you! Please send your resume in the body of this email and tell us a little about yourself.