Work With Us
Want to join our crazy, little family? We want to meet you!
Full-Time FOH Manager
Grand Lake Kitchen, a lively, high volume restaurant on Lake Merritt, is known for its daily brunch menu, outdoor seating, and charming dinner service. We are exciting, successful, and growing!
Our new location in the Dimond district is opening soon and we are looking for a team of fearless leaders for both restaurants to help us embark on the next chapter of our business. The work will be both challenging and rewarding.
- Floor management or shift lead experience. If we like your spirit but your experience is just shy, we will train you!
- If you have management experience, that's awesome. Are you flexible? Always willing to learn more?
- At least 2 years of server and/or restaurant bartender experience. You have to know what you're teaching.
- You are a problem-solver, detail-oriented, and a self-starter. You can follow direction as well as give it.
- Confidence and a great attitude - this is hard work! You must believe in yourself and your ability to lead others.
- Your number one job is to give great service!
- Nurture and lead our staff of employees.
- Good communication is key. You report directly to the GM and must work well within a team of managers.
- Must actively use email, google drive, and google calendar.
- Ordering product and tracking inventory.
- Shifts are around 10 hours each, 5 days/week.
- Experience ordering (dry goods, NA beverages, etc.)
- You want to own your own bar or restaurant one day
- Sommelier certification
- Maitre' D or hosting experience at a well-run, high volume restaurant (it makes a difference!)
- We offer competitive pay
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Shift meals and discounts on food/alcohol outside of shifts
- and being a part of a loving family!
If you are interested and fulfill the above requirements, we would love to meet you. Please send your resume in the body of this email and tell us a little bit about yourself.